A snapshot of how Independent Television was progressing in late 1959
Anglia Television Ltd.
Brook House, Park Lane, London, W.1. Hyde Park 8331
Provides programmes during the whole week in the East Anglian Region when the Authority’s new transmitting station at Mendlesham opens in the Autumn of 1959.
Author: Independent Television Authority
The ITA was established in 1954 to select the Independent Television programme contractors and broadcast their output to the UK and the Channel Islands. In 1972 it was given responsibility for radio and renamed the Independent Broadcasting Authority. It closed in 1990 when the commercial television and radio system in the UK was effectively privatised.
View all posts by Independent Television Authority